SLSA have a very successful partnership with Japan Life Saving Association. JLA see the Australian lifesavers/lifeguards as great advocates in assisting in the awareness of water safety and enhancing lifesaving activity.
SLSA are calling for nominations for the opportunity to participate in a volunteer lifesaver exchange program. The exchange program will run two groups of four lifesavers over 14 July - 27th of July and 20th July - 12th August in Onjuki Town and Iwai, Japan. This is a volunteer program, however flights, transfers, accomodation, and food will be provided for the successful applicants. SLSA will provide insurance for the 8 travellers.
To be eligible applicants will need to be 20 years and older at the time of travel and hold a current passport.
- Lifeguard or Lifesaver Patrol Captain
- Enthusiasm in coaching and teaching
- Healthy, physically and mentally, and a love of lifesaving
- interested in Japanese culture and ready to try new things
- can work long hours
- good Communicator, ( Japanese speaking helpful)
- eduction background
- experience instructing 'Water Safety Program and Youth preferred.
For more information and links to express your interest click below :