New Guide for Creating a Child Safe Organisation
Anglesea SLSC is committed to providing a safe, supportive family environment where a culture of child safety is paramount.
The Commission for Children and Young People (the Commission) is responsible for administering compulsory Victorian Child Safe Standards. The Commission has recently published new resources, including an updated 'Guide for Creating a Child Safe Organisation' (Guide).
As part of our ongoing commitment to child safety we will be reviewing and adopting recommendations from this latest Guide.
The Club continues to enforce the Working with Children (WWC) Check and obligations under the Working with Children Act 2005. We also operate within the Child Safe Standards which span culture and leadership, policies, Code of Conduct, how staff are screened, supervised and trained, how we respond to and report suspected abuse, identify and remove risks, and promote the participation and empowerment of children.
For further information please click on the links below, visit the Commission for Children and Young People or email us.
• A Guide for Creating a Child Safe Organisation - June, 2018
• ASLSC Working with Children Check (WWCC) Policy
• Overview of the Child Safe Standards information sheet
• Introduction to the Reportable Conduct Scheme information sheet
• Life Saving Victoria Safeguarding Children and Young People