Anglesea Surf Rescue (ASR) is made up of Anglesea’s voluntary patrol members who make the commitment to patrol when rostered.
ASR is a rostered patrol system in place with the aim to provide a consistent core volunteer patrol each day to the public. Each patrol is fully qualified in going above the minimum core award requirements.
The award portfolios on each patrol include; Captain, Vice-Captain, IRB Driver, IRB Crewperson, ARC/T, Defibrillation, Senior First Aid, Spinal Management, Tube Swimmer, Board Paddler, Crowd Control and Rookie.
Anglesea has 9 ASR teams this season. Each ASR group is rostered onto approximately 6 days/ patrols for the season.
To be considered to be part of an ASR the following must be met;
- Shown consistent dedication to Anglesea’s volunteer patrols
- Generally as a minimum have their Bronze Medallion
- Must be available for throughout the patrol season as ASR’s are rostered on various weekends throughout the patrol season, not just the main summer holiday months of January and February.
- Be able to make their own way to Anglesea
- Patrol the full patrol - half day on Saturday and full day on Sunday
- Be present for set up (usually 30mins prior to patrol commencing) and pack up
- Be enthusiastic, show initiative, be diligent and work well in a team environment